Friday, January 10, 2014

The Affordable Care Act Headache!

Ok so my wife and I are double insured. I have insurance through my employer, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and from my military benefits, Tricare Prime. My wife has Medicare Parts A & B as well as Tricare 4 Life.

Today we are sitting at the doctor's office arguing over whether or not we have to pay Medicare's deductible. Before the ACA (Obamacare) went into effect there was no issue. Tricare was billed as our secondary insurance. Now with the new changes it seems no one can figure out how to bill.

It took a phone call and a fax from Tricare to straighten it out. I feel for the lady who was sitting here for an hour while they were still trying to get confirmation from her insurance. Needless to say she left untreated.

We were not the only ones going through this today. Everyone walking in today had had the same issue and were told they had to pay the deductible up front.

So much for "Health care that works for Americans."

No comments :

Post a Comment